Tuesday, June 23, 2009

On to Queensland





Tuesday June 16

I'm going to keep more up to date, I promise! Or at least I'll try!

The last day in Byron was brilliant- warm and sunny and Hannah and I lay on the beach all day and ate fish and chips and French pastries. Hannah actually went a little lobster, but it was worth it (for me anyway). We collected some of our housmates and finally made the hike up to the lighthouse for sunset. The walk is beautiful, through forest and along the beach and we got to see some surfers catch really nice waves.


The lighthouse itself is up a set of steep hills (I know, that really should not be surprising) and it felt good to get some exercise after being a beach bum all day. We went to the most easterly point of continental Australia and watched for whales. We made it to the top of the hill just before the sun went down and had a great view. I don't think I could ever get tired of Australian sunsets! The walk back was pretty dark, but well worth it.

Hannah and I had to catch our bus- the last one of our trip together!- at 8 pm and I was really sad to leave Byron and our home at the Middle Reef and all the wonderful people. Our bus was on schedule for the first time ever and we really did have to leave:(

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! sure sounds like a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete