Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Goodbye Australia!!!!

Phew- finally caught up! Caitlin and I checked out of Dreamtime this morning and headed down to the airport for our flight to Wellington, New Zealand. We had a 3 hr layover in Brisbane, which has turned into a 7 hour layover. Airports around here have curfews so after a certain point flights can't take off because they can't land between midnight and 6am or something stupid like that, so we are in the airport until 12:45am. Ouch. Luckily Virgin Blue gave us food vouchers that work at the bar, and the State of Origin rugby game was on between New South Wales and Queensland (Queensland had a resounding victory, the second of 3, meaning they are the champs and have beat NSW an unprecedented 4 years in a row). So it ended up being an entertaining evening.

We meet up with Tiffany tomorrow morning- she arrived in Wellington this afternoon, and thus begins the second half of my trip! Tiff will be blogging on here as well now, so you will get a new point of view sometimes! I'm really excited to see her- we haven't spent nearly enough time together after being roommates and joined at the hip for 4 years, but I am really sad to be leaving Australia. I am trying to figure out a way to just stay longer at the end of our trip!

(photos of everything hopefully to come soon!)

1 comment:

  1. wow - even I can't believe your time in Australia is over. It sure seems to have gone by quickly. But I feel like was able to visit too, through this blog. I had a great time! Thanks, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete