Monday, August 2, 2010

Back in the City

Back in Santiago!! After spending 3 weeks in Parque Nacional Fray Jorge chasing degus, poking abrocomas, and getting spied on by guanacos, Tina, Morgan and I are back in our apartment with... INTERNET!!! This fantastic new development means we have been able to chat online and on skype, post a million photos to facebook, and look at way too much cuteoverload.com. It also means we haven't watched our usual single TV channel, gone to our favorite @SNS cafe, or even, um, bought groceries yet (it's only been 3 days!).

This is the beginning of the end for our band of "gringos". Loren (the boss) leaves tomorrow, Michael in a week and Morgan in 2. Triste!! Tina, Monica and I have to leave the country before the beginning of September to essentially renew our visas. I am thinking of heading to Buenos Aires, Argentina and going to a language school for a week. While my Spanish (Castillano) is improving (I have mastered the all important words like tuerto- cyclops, or one eyed person; acurrucarse- to cuddle; and arrastrado- creeper) I think I might need a few more fillers before I can have a decent conversation. Or, you know, some verb conjugations.

In the next few days I hope to catch up on my blog- so many stories and a zillion photos from the last few weeks! I have started to catch up on laundry, took a shower TWO DAYS in a row!! With hot water!! Such a luxury. And might even shower again tomorrow! That's pretty much all the excitement I can handle for now- more to come tomorrow:)

No comments:

Post a Comment