Monday, August 9, 2010

Abrocoma Amor

Morgan, me and Tina are thiiiiiiis excited!

In Fray Jorge I found, hands down, the new love of my life. It's name is Abrocoma, it has giant ears, nubby toes, and it loves to cuddle.
Abrocoma was cleaning his face while I was holding him!

From the first day in the cabin Tina, Morgan, and I became obsessed with seeing an abrocoma. These rodents are usually active at night, were supposed to be very docile (tranquilo), bigger than degus, and very sweet. We talked about abrocomas all of the time, went outside at night and peered under the porch in search of them, and joked about "accidentally" setting traps to see if we could get one. I even got nicknamed "Abrocoma" because I have a furry hat I wear when it is really cold.
LOVE

One morning we were trapping at a new site and- best thing ever! There was an abrocoma in one of the traps I was checking!!! We abandoned the degus and Tina, Morgan, and I fawned over the little guy for about an hour. After five thousand photos, a lot of cuddles and a couple of kisses, I had to resist the urge to put him in my pocket and we let him go back to his home. Best wild animal ever!!
Goodbye abrocoma. You are the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment