Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pocket Mice!


Contrary to popular belief, life as a graduate student can actually get quite hectic.  While many popular coping mechanisms involve watching hours of YouTube, searching funny animal photos, and of course, Facebook, I have actually done something both fun AND productive!  I've started blogging on the San Diego Zoo website (check out my first post here!) about my research with the Pacific pocket mice.  My co-advisor is a researcher at the Institute for Conservation Research at the SD Zoo, and I am working on a conservation project they are getting started up over there.  I'll be contributing regularly with updates on my PPM work and what it is like to be a graduate student and working towards a career in conservation research!

No comments:

Post a Comment