Friday, July 17, 2009

An Update From the Road

It's Rachel again- thanks to Caitlin for all the excellent updates, I haven't been online for a week now! Tiffany and I hired a car in Christchurch and drove ourselves up through Kaikura where we saw loads of seals and pups and onto Picton where we met the group traveling on our bus and officially joined the bus the next day. We spent a couple of nights hiking around Abel Tasman National Park and then went to Barrytown for a party night (there is literally nothing else to do in Barry-no-town). Today we climbed on Franz Joseph glacier- another one of those insane activities that just has to happen. It was rainy and cold and I've never been so happy to have high tech long underwear! I stayed warm and really enjoyed the whole thing, but some of the others were pretty miserable.

We have a few more days with our group, one more week in New Zealand:( I'll put more photos and stories up soon- but I am still alive- and having a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment